Steel Structure Framing
Note: This version of the structure does not require a slab foundation, so can be used in areas where slab construction is impractical. A welder however, is required.
This module includes the parts list, design specification, and build description for the steel framing portion of the kiosk. The steel framing is the structural component of the kiosk and is designed to be permanently installed, strong and require very little maintenance.
|Post||4||4” x 4” Structural Steel Square tube, with 1/4” wall thickness|
|Beam||2||1.5” x 4” Structural Steel Square tube, with 1/8” wall thickness|
|Purlin||5||1.5 x 3” Structural Steel Square tube, with 1/8” wall thickness|
|Panel||2||10' x 3' Metal Roof panels (ribbed or corrugated, high gauge preferred)|
|Fastener||5lb||Self-tapping metal screw 3/4” #12|
|Fastener||5lb||Self-tapping metal screw 1 1/2” #12|
|Rock||100lb||Clean 1” Gravel|
|Concrete||8||bags of general concrete mix|
|Water||1||Water for concrete mixing|
|Wood bracing||4||Sufficient to hold frame in place while concrete sets|
- Cordless drill or impact driver 18v+ with drill and driver bits
- Drill bits
1. Construct each side frame according to Figure 1 & Figure 2. Top framing shall be welded to the vertical columns. Note: A slight slope is desired, this can be accomplished by setting the frame members ½” vertical offset, or can be accomplished by welding the top frame ½ down the vertical support on one frame (preferred).
2. Set assembled framed into foundation holes. Foundation consists of of clean rock, compacted (to allow for water to drain) supporting frame, with at least 2 bags of concrete mix placed around each vertical framing piece. Loose ground fill added to hole until level with grade. Foundation shall be at least 3 feet deep.
3. Roof pieces is attached to set frame with brackets and self-tapping screws.
4. Roof panels are attached to roof pieces with self-tapping screws.
5. Equipment panels will be attached to frame as needed with self-tapping screws.
Design & Dimensions:
Figure 1: Front-view
Figure 2: Top-view
Figure 3: Side-view
Figure 4: Top-view with Roof framing
Render 1: ISO Ground Level
Render 2: ISO Roof Detail